Technology history quiz answers
These are the answers to the quiz given here on my blog.
- (e) The first computer mouse was built by Dough Engelbart in 1968.
- (a) The basic principles of radio frequency identification were published by Harry Stockman in 1948.
- (d) Pull-top cans were invented by Ermal Fraze in 1963.
- (b) Joe Woodland and Bernard Silver patented bar codes in 1952.
- (d) AT&T introduced touch tone dialing in 1963.
- (g) The first cell phone call was made in 1973.
- (c) John Hetrick received a patent for airbags in 1953.
- (f) The first ATM machine was deployed in 1969.
- (h) The first MRI on a live human was in 1977.
- (a) Latex paint first arrived in stores in 1948.
These dates are inconsistent. Sometimes the date is the date of a patent, sometimes the date of a prototype, etc. For more details, see Big Ideas: 100 Modern Inventions That Have Transformed Our World.