I help businesses make better decisions by
- taking advantage of the data they have,
- combining data with expert opinion,
- designing experiments to minimize the cost of collecting more data,
- overcoming computational difficulties, and
- interpreting the results of analysis.
I communicate clearly. I particularly enjoy explaining technical concepts to non-technical people. Too often technical analysis is wasted because decision makers do not understand its significance. As Sam Savage put it in his book Flaw of Averages,
Organizations spend millions on large analytical models that they never use because no one figured out how to connect them to the seat of the CEO's pants.
I have over 20 years experience in applying mathematics and computing to solve problems in science, engineering, and business. I have worked with clients from solo entrepreneurs to large corporations, private sector and public sector. Please contact me to discuss whether I can help you.
John D. Cook, Ph.D.